Thursday, February 24, 2011

Honor Eye

Words are confusing. Especially without any context or warning.

I was walking towards the Metro station this afternoon after work, ambling down the middle of the path and keeping a lookout for finches or cardinals or blackbirds or whatever, when suddenly I heard a man call out behind me "Honor eye!"

I had no idea what that meant, but I realized someone was approaching me from behind, and I moved to the side of the path. A jogger ran past and said, "Thanks" as he did.

About three minutes later I realized what he'd actually said was: "On your right."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, February 25, 2011 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

Oh, mollusks. I thought you said “bacon”.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->