Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Week in Entertainment

Film:The Adjustment Bureau, which I really enjoyed. It's smart and exciting, and Matt Damon makes you believe it.

TV: Fallen, which I don't remember from when it came out, but it too is smart and exciting, and the cast (Denzel Washington, John Goodman, Donald Sutherland) very good. House, which was better than I thought it would be. I'm still hanging on the edge with it. The Mentalist, which was excellent, as usual. I loved Cho in charge - and Lisbon's "I'm not even going to ask where you're really going. You know why? You're not my problem any more!" was great. Also some women's NCAA basketball - March Madness!

Read: All seven of the Maisie Dobbs books. Someone recommended them to me, I read the first, then got the rest. I think I may have read Birds of a Feather when it first came out, I'm not sure - the motive for the killings was absolutely no surprise but I don't remember the rest of the story. At any rate, I really like the books (this time?), and the time period (late 20s-early 30s England) is fascinating. Also some "Thinking Machine" stories, and You Are What You Speak by Robert Lane Greer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->