Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Week in Entertainment

Live: Shrek: The Musical at the Hippodrome. This was a whole lot of fun - good songs and performance and very imaginative staging - Farquad was hilarious and I loved his backstory (Daddy was Grumpy!!!). And the dancing rats - very cute. The show is definitely worth seeing.

DVD: Finally actually watched the Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice, which is as good as the things I'd heard about it (I'm not sure why I missed it before). Also, Morning Glory which was very cute.

TV: Thurgood - damn, that was a brilliant show - writing and acting. Caught up on Harry's Law. Modern Family - I have to agree with Jay that Frankie Valli is great music, and I loved Pepper telling Jay that Tallulah (his little dog) would "be quiet once she's on your lap." The Middle remains worth watching, and I see (hope?) they've given up on the horrible Better With You, running reruns of The Middle instead... Also, I watched 2012 and thought it spectacular to look at - though somewhat dark visually for the tv - but amazingly predictable. And NCAA women's basketball, of course.

Read: Oscar Wilde and the Dead Man's Smile - a nice entry, about Wilde's US tour and its aftermath in Paris. Some more Thinking Machine. Robert Green's You Are What You Speak, which was very engaging - I highly recommend it. Started Sarah Vowell's new book - Unfamiliar Fishes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->