Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beary wrong

Are you serious? They're calling her wrong for mispronouncing "Berenstein Bears" as steen instead of stain? Yes, I'd have gotten it wrong, too, but honestly.

I've always thought they were too rough on pronunciation, especially since they don't penalize for spelling in Final Jeopardy...

Oh. Er... Just looked it up, and it's spelled -stain. I guess they were right.

Well... live and learn. My excuse is that I'm way too old to have ever read one of those books...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, April 26, 2011 Blogger AbbotOfUnreason had this to say...

Count yourself among the lucky ones. Even as a kid I thought those were horrible, sickly-sweet books. Unfortunately, the had binding similar to the Seuss books. I still remember how disappointing it was to pull a Berenstain Bears book off the shelf by mistake, or when I'd open a present of wrapped slim hardcovers from some well-meaning, but clueless, adult. I really hated those bears. I guess I'm not over that yet.

 
At 8:31 PM, April 27, 2011 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Fortunately, I was over twenty when the first one was published. I've seen them in stores, but never read one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->