Thursday, June 23, 2011

Only the French, eh?

Ha! "It's the literal translation of "my love" into French," reads the clue. I notice that while Alex is quick to point out that "mon ami" is French for "my friend" not "my love", he totally doesn't know that "mi amor" is Spanish (or Portuguese, right Kathie?) for the clue! Because if he did, he'd point it out, he's so insufferable! Ha!

Wow. None of them knew "The mirror motif of this 1871 sequel includes two characters who are enatiomorphs, or mirror-image twins." (It's Through the Looking Glass, and What Alice Found There, of course.) The Picture of Dorian Gray is a weird enough guess, but the champion comes up with ... The Man in the Iron Mask?? WTF, Jay?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, June 23, 2011 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Diz-se "O meu amor," senhora!

Of course, in English at least, "my love" can also mean "my lover."

Hubby and I figured all three contestants would get "Final Jeopardy!" correct tonight. Shows how much we know ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->