Friday, August 19, 2011

So strange

I've about gotten used to headlines like France troops sent to Ivory Coast, though they still sound awkward (and Google hates the search, assuming I meant "France's").

But this is so odd sounding:
What Happened to My Bahrain Friend
Especially since in the first sentence of the column, Kristoff writes:
I wrote recently about an old friend, Hasan al-Sahaf, a Bahraini artist who had been imprisoned –nominally for economic offenses, but in reality for standing up to the regime.
I can't imagine a headline writer changing "What happened to my German friend" to "my Germany friend," or "my French friend" to "my France friend".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->