Monday, September 19, 2011

The Week in Entertainment

Film: Sarah's Key - brilliant, just brilliant. I haven't read the book, so I don't know how they compare, but this movie was intense without being graphic, and wove the two stories together well, avoiding making anyone two-dimensional. Highly recommended.

DVD: Two more (short!) seasons of Pie in the Sky, which continues to be entertaining. Some Peter Gunn, still stylish if dated.

TV: Doctor Who - he said goodbye to Amy! I can see how he fears for them - Rose and especially Donna are raw memories still. But he finally left a companion properly - I love that Rory got his car. Going to be interesting to see how it plays out next week.

Read: Barry Hugheart's Master Li and Number Ten Ox trilogy. I still think the first one (Bridge of Birds) is one of the most exquisite things I've ever read. Some more from We Others including the creepy, but excellent, title story. Some poems from Jane Hirshfield's new collection, Come, Thief.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, September 20, 2011 Anonymous Mark had this to say...

Many years ago when Peter Gunn was in first runs, I was a little tyke sitting in front of the TV (but facing away) when the show's opening theme started. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->