Saturday, November 19, 2011

An amusing mistranslation

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai DVD
I'm watching Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Something Happens (why, yes, I am on a bit of a Shahrukh Khan kick at the moment), and his mother is lecturing her students about the importance of prayer. The subtitles read:
That's why I say God is one, but in different forms. No matter in which form he may be, our prayers are definitely reaching him. So, it's very important to maintain this bondage with God.
I expect she really said "bond", but it made me laugh.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, November 19, 2011 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Hmmm, paging Dr. Freud... Mom's slip is clearly showing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->