Today's Washington Times front page was like a joke. Not a funny one, but an illustrative one. There were five articles and a big photo-with-caption.
- Main story was applauding the fact that Israel will be able to fly over Iraq to attack Iran after the US leaves.
- Right-hand column? Applause for a revision of state (Virginia) rules to let Christian adoption agencies ban gay couples.
- Second left-hand story (under the Israel one): some people are outraged that the White House let an Iraqi minister with "ties to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard" come to the meetings.
- Below the fold - blaming the Democrats for blocking the year-end spending bill.
- True, the big center-of-the-page photo and story was about Republican candidates and all their money - but it was really a plug for
Michelle BachmanMichele Bachmann and the Tea Party.
- And the bottom photo? "A Glimpse of Gaza's Future" which pretends that a couple of little Palestinian boys in uniforms with toy guns is somehow evil and not at all like good old American boys in cammies with toy guns...
Jeeze this paper is depressing.