Saturday, December 10, 2011

Y'all into you'll?

This will be your last day in Gurukul. Pack your bags tonight. You'll will be expelled tomorrow in front of everybody.
That's just one of the oddly worded subtitles in Mohabbatein (Love Stories). Here's another:
I would like to ask you'll one question and I would like you'll to think very carefully before answering it.
Sometimes it even seems to work, as in
You'll have left me with no choice.
But even then, it's not really right, because that's not a prediction or warning, but a statement about something that has already happened.

But I think I know what was happening. The translator was reaching for a plural you.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->