Saturday, January 28, 2012

Regret

Went to A Separation this evening, followed by dinner at Mon Ami Gabi. Both were wonderful.

But the theater was pretty full, and my friend and I moved over to open up two seats for a couple. I don't know what it is, but every time I've done that in the last four or five years I've ended up regretting it. This time, the woman had somehow, best as I can tell, managed not to realize that this was a foreign film. Or at least, that it had a Farsi soundtrack with English subtitles.

How do you manage that? And why must you read so many of the subtitles aloud to yourself?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, January 29, 2012 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

I can't answer your question, but Mon Ami Gabi looks great. What did you eat?

 
At 1:29 PM, January 29, 2012 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

It was very nice indeed. I had the roast chicken and my friend had the vegetable plate. Both excellent.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->