Sunday, February 05, 2012

Happy Birthday, Christopher

Chris GuestToday in New York City Christopher Haden-Guest was born in 1948. (Yes, he's a British peer; his father was a diplomat.) He's better known as Christopher Guest, actor, director, and screen writer. His directorial gems include A Mighty Wind, Waiting for Guffman, This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show, and For Your Consideration (in my preferred order), and his turn as Count Rugen, the six-fingered man, in The Princess Bride was perfect.

He dislikes the term "mockumentary" because his films aren't meant to mock but to explore. All I can say to that is, I thought the "mock" was because they were "mock documentaries", that is, fictional, rather than "mocking documentaries". So it's not so bad, eh?

"I rarely joke unless I'm in front of a camera. It's not what I am in real life. It's what I do for a living."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->