Sunday, April 08, 2012

Memory Foam

Ryan North tweeted this short story and I share it with you. Imagine reading it with three minutes between each line...
The bed at my parents' place is MEMORY FOAM. Every morning a golem rises from the shape of my sleeping body, remembering my nightmares

I am PRETTY SURE that's how it works

According to the secrets whispered to me by this memory foam, when I was a child I promised myself I'd make cookie dough and eat it all raw

The memory foam wants more memories!! I sink deeper into the bed against my will, feeling foam pressing into every orifice in my head, help

I offer up memories of regret, of mistakes made years ago that come to you, unbidden, on a fine spring's day. It takes them greedily

It is a fair trade

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->