Thursday, May 03, 2012

Happy Birthday, Frankie

Frankie Valli and the Four SeasonsFrankie Valli is 73 today.

I'll celebrate by playing his music day. But truth be told, I play The Four Seasons in the office a lot anyway. I love this man's music. (And Jersey Boys at the Hippodrome was great!)

From Sherry to December, 1963 - I grew up on this stuff and I still can't get enough of it. "Anthology" is a great album - the only thing it's missing is My Eyes Adored You, and you know I've got that on other albums. Tell It to the Rain. Marlena. Opus 17 ... that gorgeous cover of I've Got You Under My Skin (yes, they did Cole Porter and it's fabulous).

Oh, yeah... Rock on, Frankie.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, May 03, 2012 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

We attended a concert of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons at Wolf Trap in the mid-'70s, where the sound was cranked up SO LOUD that we had no choice but to leave, because the volume was literally painful. (I read years later that Valli has suffered extensive hearing loss, hardly suprising).

BTW, I remember exactly where I was in late December back in '63 -- oh, what a night :-)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->