Wednesday, August 15, 2012

this is so weird

Today's Jumble had "aasil" and I and my brother both put asail down. It didn't let us get an answer, so we both figured out it was alias. But I was curious - how do you spell asail, because they don't often have two possible answers.

Apparently, asail, a-sail, and a sail are all used by people - but none of them are in dictionaries. Nothing is.

I'd think asail like afoot, astir and abed ... but there's nothing.

That's just ... bizarre.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, August 15, 2012 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Sorry, I'm afraid I would never have thought of "asail" as a solution to "AASIL" in the Jumble ("asail" looks more like a misspelling of "assail"). Instead of "asail," I'd use the phrase "under sail."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->