Sunday, October 14, 2012

Affordable? I wish

So I was booking a table for when I go see Aida in December, and Open Table offered me "affordable limos". I didn't intend to book one - it's 30 blocks, but that's just four stops on the subway - but I thought I'd take a peek. Geeze. $249 is "affordable"? The reason I can go to the Met is because I don't drop that kind of money on a limo.

(Though I confess, I'd like to be in the 2% instead of the 98%. But at least I'm not in the 47% - though if Romney really believes what he said, he's gonna lose, since if all that 47% vote Obama plus all the gainfully employed, income-tax-paying, and even really wealthy Democrats (there are a few), well, how can he win? But I digress.)

I wonder what a high-priced limo would cost? I'm not going to look it up; it would depress me, I think.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, October 14, 2012 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

I can't imagine how anyone could possibly get enough enjoyment out of being in a limousine over the course of a thirty-block ride to make it worth the difference in cost between that and a taxi (which I estimate would be about an order of magnitude cheaper). It's one thing to be technically able to afford the limousine ride, but I think one would have to be a great deal richer than that for the limousine to start making any kind of sense.

 
At 8:29 PM, October 14, 2012 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

The cab from the hotel to Penn Station - twice the distance - was $40. So, yeah. There has to be an element of power in it, or you have to be so fracking rich you don't even think about hundreds.

 
At 11:33 PM, October 14, 2012 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Is $249 for a whole limo-full? If so, then a party of 6-7 could amortize the whole bill for the same price as separate taxis.

 
At 5:38 AM, October 15, 2012 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Dunno. They asked you how many people and I said 'one'. I could go back and see if it changes, but I've already gotten two emails just for the one search! Also, the price might well change for multiple pickup points, since they asked for that, too.

Though it's probable this was minimum charge, probably for an hour or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->