Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: Karan Arjun, with Shahrukh and Salman Khan as murdered brothers reincarnated to take vengeance for their and their father's murders. It was quite enjoyable, though I was in my Western way startled at the depiction of Kali as Great Mother and merciful one.

TV: Caught up on Grimm - I'm not sure why I let so many episodes pile up on the DVR - maybe I was afraid they'd lost their way with Nick's mother showing up and Juliette in a coma, etc. But they didn't - it's still very good. I like what they're doing with Hank, and Monroe and Rosalie, and especially with Renard. Also the Wenesday trio - as usual, Modern Family much the best, The Middle quite funny in parts, and The Neighbors still on that one note, though Reggie Jackson was funny in the hallway scene.

Read: Finished Silent House by Orhan Pamuk, which was excellent. Began The Last Bookstore in America, but found it unconvincing, so when Jasper Fforde's The Woman Who Died a Lot came in, I put it down and never went back to it. Probably won't. The Fforde was very good - much better than the last couple - Thursday's back! Also the new Terry Pratchett, Dodger, which was a really good story as well as beautifully written. I really like the portrait of Dickens, and the way Dodger handled and then thought of Sweeney Todd. Very enjoyable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->