Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Stan

cover of Fantastic Four #1
Born today in 1922, the one and only Stan Lee.

When I was growing up, you read either Marvel or DC comics. I read Marvel. The Fantastic Four, The X-Men, Spiderman - I was there for them all. That first incarnation of X-Men was genuinely amazing. And they didn't read like kid's books, either; as Stan said once,
"If a kid has to go to a dictionary, that's not the worst thing that could happen."
I vividly remember walking over to the drugstore every Saturday to get the new issues and reading them on the way home. Those guys all seemed so real to me.

Thanks, Stan. Thanks so much.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->