And it's time once again for "Same City, Different Worlds"
- CABINET: After long wait, Kerry finally gets chance to head State: Confirmation seems certain
- OIL: Environmentalists versus workers: Keystone pipeline decision will shape Obama's legacy
- TERRORISM: Bloodshed in Algeria shows reach of terrorists: Fate of American hostages unknown
- HEALTH CARE: Contraception mandate hits legal hurdles: Conflicting rulings set course for high court
- WHITE HOUSE: Gun control advocates say Obama is too late
- MILITARY: Close deployments, divided families: 'Indescribable emotions' as a shrinking fleet takes toll
- The big photo: work near Winona, Texas on the Keystone XL Pipeline, also a map
- 15 D.C. public schools to close: Move, spurred partly by underenrollment, could save $8.5 million
- In hostage crisis, a deadly rescue: Foreign allies criticize Algerian raid: Fate of American captives is unclear
- Health care propels region's job growth
- Armstrong confesses to doping
- Obit: Pauline Phillips 1918-2013 'Dear Abby' became a confessor and a friend
- A fake girlfriend and a credulous Web: Did Manti Te'o want to believe in Lennay Kekua? Did we need to?
- The big photo: A girl and her brother playing in the snow in Mississippi