Both worlds, again
February 1 in the papers. Note that the Times continues to use bold rubrics that emphasize the danger of living in America nowadays, while the Post uses them rarely - some days they have none at all, and today only one, while the Times has one on every single story. Also, once again they do not share a single story, though the Post's picture links to a Hagel story inside.
- NATIONAL SECURITY: Governor halts deal with bomb supplier in Pakistan; Indiana partners in Defense probe
- CABINET: Hagel roughed up by friendly fire; GOP colleagues blast Pentagon pick
- FEDERAL DEBT: Congress gets 3½ months to run up debt
- FOREIGN POLICY: Biden to use Obama's postelection 'flexibility' on weapons with Russia
- PENTAGON: Workers prepare budgets because Congress won't
- TERRORISM: Jihadist threat: Just website bluster? 'Earth-shattering' payback for Mali
- Their big picture: the Hagel hearing
- GUNS IN AMERICA: 2005 law frustrates shooting victims; NRA-backed measure shields firearms makers from liability suits
- Deal on migrants faces big obstacle; The Question Of Citizenship; Tensions rise in both parties at pivotal time
- VA study finds more veterans committing suicide; Iraq, Afghanistan wars no necessarily linked to increase in deaths
- A compelling canvas or a Kateastrophe? Duchess of Cambridge's official protrait draws save criticism, but artist believes in his work
- Johns Hopkins redevelops surrounding area, school
- Their big picture: Hagel 'in the hot seat'