Saturday, February 02, 2013

Wow - new trains

new london underground trainsSo, I was watching Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Yash Chopra's final film), and there's a scene set at Charing Cross station on the Underground. Now, it's been a few years since I was in London, but I do remember the tube. So I was quite startled when this sleek, red-white-and-blue train pulled in. Wow, I thought; did they pretty up the underground for the Olympics? (It's a 2012 film, and there was a least one glimpse of the rings in the background). So I Googled it. And the answer is no: they upgraded to air-conditioned trains starting in 2010. Now maybe it's climate change and maybe it's not, but I rode the underground in July 2008 and damn near died from the heat - it was miserable, especially when the cars were packed with commuters. Apparently some lines were measured at over 95F (35C). This is a change they really needed to make.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->