Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stop second-guessing me, Google

Earlier I complained that Google was correcting my Ukrainian to show me what it thought I wanted.

Now it's doing the same thing with NCAA, women versus men. Hello, Google guys? If I wanted to see the men I'd search for them. NCAAW is hardly likely to be a typo for NCAA. Grrr.

ask for 'Baylor Tennessee NCAAW' get 'Baylor Tennessee NCAA' instead

Just to be clear, I don't mind when it tries to guess what I want. That can and has saved me a lot of keystrokes. I don't even mind a quiet little "Did you mean...?" at the top of the results page. But stop assuming that what I end up searching on is not what I really wanted.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, March 28, 2013 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

What happens if you instead type this, with quotes where indicated?

Baylor Tennessee "NCAAW"

 
At 4:21 PM, March 28, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yeah, that works.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->