Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

My father (left at age 2, below with my older brother in 1949) turned 90 on his last birthday. He's got a few aches and pains and treatable ailments, but on the whole he's still going strong - plays golf at least weekly, for instance. I won't be there today - though I'll call - but I get home a couple of times a year for longish visits - I'll be there in just over a week for the summer one.

Sometimes I hear coworkers talk about their fathers and know: I got so lucky with mine. So lucky.

Happy Father's Day - I love you.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, June 18, 2013 Anonymous Mark P had this to say...

Yes, and your luck extends to your father's long life. I lost my father about 13 years ago at 82, what I now consider far too young an age.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->