Friday, June 14, 2013

It's not news, exactly, but...

Marco Rubio hates gay people so much he'd kill the immigration reform bill if it "gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth".

I know it's not exactly news that he's a bigot, but this is pretty in your face.
“If this bill has in it something that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill,” the Florida Republican told conservative radio host Andrea Tantaros on her show today. “I’m gone, I’m off it, and I’ve said that repeatedly. And I don’t think that’s going to happen, and it shouldn’t happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is.”
Of course, he's hardly alone. Lindsey Graham, of course, is right there with him.
"You've got me on immigration. You don't have me on marriage. If you want to keep me on immigration, let's stay on immigration."
So a lot of Democrats are going to vote against it to keep the "gang of eight" on board. (Assuming, of course, that this isn't just one more gotcha move by the GOP...)

Still, there's a bright hope out there. Best case scenario is that SCOTUS kills DOMA and we don't need a new bill to "give" gays the same "rights and so forth" that straights have. This is just one of 1138 rights granted to married couples.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->