Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Signing at the End of the Line

This is Neil Gaiman's last book tour (future stops here), and on Friday he was at GW's Lisner Auditorium, signing The Ocean at the End of the Lane (which is wonderful, by the way). He read Chapter Four (because he'd read Chapter One pretty often already), answered questions, and then read us a little bit from Chapter Three (Old Mrs. Hempstock examines the sixpence).

Then he started signing. They had us come up in groups of fifty, based on our ticket number. I was #885 - but they had more than 1300 people there - one of whom had made a Neil Muppet (he said he considered having the Muppet ask the questions, but decided not to "because it would almost certainly spawn an odd Internet meme" - wise decision, I expect). It was midnight before I got my books signed - I don't know how late he was there, after two probably. I thought it was worth it - I hope he does!

woman with Gaiman muppet

Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman answering questions

Neil Gaiman signing in the first group

beginning of the line for Neil Gaiman

my view from the end of the line for Neil Gaiman

Neil Gaiman signing

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->