Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Week in Entertainment

 DVD: Some Scarecrow and Mrs. King from the last season. Show is very dated (Cold War!) but holds up well, thanks to the leads, who are very appealing.

Read: Fuji-San, a collection of short stories by Randy Taguchi - snapshots focusing on Mount Fuji. I hated the third one, but the first two are extraordinary and though I don't like the narrator of the fourth one, the story is lovely. I bought David J Schwartz's , Gooseberry Bluff Community College of Magic: The Thirteenth Rib thanks to The Big Idea over at Whatever... anyway, it's a ebook serial. For some reason I thought it was complete (I don't know why, nothing at Whatever says so) and it's not, so ... can't wait for the next episode. (Despite the title, it's not really about a college of magic, it's a police novel set at a college of magic in a fascinating alternate reality.) Also, a short story (excised from the remarkable Land of Milk and Money back when it was called Dear Dairy) called "The Voyage to Brazil" (part one and part two).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, June 17, 2013 Blogger Zeno had this to say...

Thanks for the nice plug, Ridger. I have submitted "The Voyage to Brazil" for inclusion in a publication of Luso-American writing. It was deemed (by my editors) too much of a distraction from the main plot line, but I remain fond of it and hope people will enjoy it, in whatever form they encounter it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->