Friday, August 09, 2013

Aswan?

Lawrence of Arabia is a World War I story. The Aswan Dam was built in the 60s. In fact, the dam wouldn't have been there to be in the movie, had it been filmed in Egypt (instead of Jordan, Morocco, and Spain(!)).

So, basically, WTF? Even if the Aswan Dam counted as a "man-made waterway", it's absolutely wrong for being featured in the movie Lawrence of Arabia.

Plus - what? $11,000 got someone into the semi-finals? The freaking J bus has been late every day this week, and I totally missed three days, but there must have been some either low-scoring games or total routs.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, August 10, 2013 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

You DO realize that "Jeopardy!" is in rerun till sometime after Labor Day, don't you? I remember these from the first time 'round, earlier this season (especially the "Aswan" boner). Of course, I worry what it says re ME that I watch "Jeopardy!" (as well as "Wheel") reruns, other than that I really need to get a life between 7 and 8 PM weekdays ;-)

 
At 4:26 PM, August 10, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

I could say yes, but the truth is, I'd forgotten - both this episode and the fact that they were in reruns.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->