Monday, September 16, 2013

It's ours!

Seriously? Michael Hayden said "Gmail is the preferred Internet service provider of terrorists worldwide"?

Okay, give him a break, he probably meant "email provider", as the Post notes in the story. But then this:
Asked whether the United States's promiscuous surveillance was setting a harmful example for other nations, Hayden suggested that the Internet's origins in the United States partially justifies the NSA's conduct. If the Web lasts another 500 years, he said, it may be the thing the United States is remembered for "the way the Romans are remembered for their roads."

"We built it here, and it was quintessentially American," he said, adding that partially due to that, much of traffic goes through American servers where the government "takes a picture of it for intelligence purposes."
O rly?

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what the heck he even means. We built it, so we're permitted to spy on everything that transpires there? And only we are?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, September 16, 2013 Blogger Bill the Butcher had this to say...

I'm a terrorist that I be!
I bomb planes and ships at sea
Head the car bomb making industry
And Gmail is the one for me.

Yo Ahmed, you still use yahoo?
Time to change to Gmail, dude
The rest are for harmless people
Gmail is for me and you!

Anyway, so that's why we shouldn't laugh at the North Koreans for setting up their own internet in isolation from the rest of the world. It might be something all nations not directly controlled by the U.S. Empire will soon start emulating.

If you've got spam problems you don't have to resort to the damned Captcha. Just enable full comment moderation. It eliminated my spam almost completely, and I can review and delete the few that get through.

 
At 9:11 PM, September 16, 2013 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Really? 'Cause I was getting over a hundred a day and I don't feel like doing that every day. I'll give it a shot, though.

 
At 9:42 PM, September 17, 2013 Blogger Bill the Butcher had this to say...

I never got over a hundred a day though. Three to five was the average then. About one in three weeks now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->