Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The Week in Entertainment

Well, dammit. This was meant to be scheduled not posted. And there are comments. Sooooo, part one Tuesday, and part two at the regular time....

DVD: More of The Murdoch Mysteries, which (obviously) I enjoy.

TV: The Mentalist. Okay.... They're skipping two years, so we don't actually get to see Jane enjoying life. Instead, we're going to jump right into him and Abbott fighting it out over whether he's going to become FBI chattel. Also, despite recording 76 minutes, thanks to The Good Wife's running late, thanks, I suspect, to football, my DVR still didn't manage to get the last three minutes, so I didn't know Cho was in the FBI till I found the episode on line.

Read: The Iron Clew, an amusing mystery by Phoebe Atwood Taylor. May have to find more of them. And I should perhaps mention I'm reading Doctor Zhivago and watching the 11-part Russian miniseries "inspired by (по мотивам)" the novel for a class comparing the two. I'd read the book before, but back in college for the English and about twenty years ago for the Russian, though I do adore Pasternak's lyrical style.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, December 04, 2013 Anonymous Adrian Morgan had this to say...

Here in Australia, season six of the mentalist screened just recently, so we are one year behind you.

The final four episodes of season five were never screened. It isn't the first time broadcasts have stopped abruptly in the middle of a season.

 
At 9:23 AM, December 04, 2013 Blogger Barry Leiba had this to say...

I don't watch "The Mentalist", but I do watch (and record) "The Good Wife". I have the TiVo set to record an extra hour (two hours total), and have not missed anything yet. But this week came close, with only 10 minutes to spare.

It's too bad that TiVo can't get the actual timing, in real time.

It's also too bad that TiVo doesn't give any way to trim the junk off the recording... so, if I don't watch it right away, the file takes up double the space on the DVR that it ought to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->