Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Week in Entertainment

Live: A thoroughly delightful (even the updated clowning by Frosch) Die Fledermaus at the Met. A new English translation, great sets, wonderful singing - very funny production.

TV: Modern Family - Hayley cracks me up. Sean Saves the World - two eps. It's still funny. Michael J Fox Show - continues to be sort of mediocre, though Fox is talented. Grimm - I enjoyed both eps, especially the one about the gangs; it had nice character moments for everyone.  The Neighbors, which has managed to get me invested in Amber's heartache.The Crazy Ones - this show is pretty dumb, but it really makes me laugh, which may be due to Williams and Gellar, or the writers, or both. The Middle - "I want to spend every moment I can with the things I cherish the most. So I'm going to my room and my books. Try not to bother me."

Read: Finished The Diplomatic Corpse Mystery, which is about a diploma, not a diplomat. Started Doris Kearns Goodwin's latest, Bully Pulpit, which is fascinating. I've gotten to the McClure's Magazine founding.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, January 14, 2014 Blogger incunabular had this to say...

But Psych is back!

 
At 12:12 PM, January 14, 2014 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

You know that's right!!

I didn't get to it Sunday. But I have seen it (Despereaux: Interpol (from the DVD warnings!) agent, yes or no? I've heard it both ways...) and loved it.

Is "Pottering" a real thing? Do I want to know?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->