Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This is what I would do...

This is what would kill me.

Final Jeopardy Clue: One of two world capitals that end in the letter Z: one is in South America and the other in Europe.

I immediately said Zagreb and started running South American capitals through my mind ... and then noticed. Ends in Z. Ends.

Well, La Paz. (And Vaduz, Liechtenstein, which I didn't remember before Alex said it, but you only needed one.)

But if I was on the show, would I notice that? I fear not.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, January 29, 2014 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Oh, I bet you'd have gotten La Paz right away, because even I did! OTOH I had no memory of Vaduz, so even when I was cycling through the alphabet for penultimate letters -- -az, -ez, -iz, -oz, -uz, -dz, -lz, -nz, -rz, -tz, etc. -- I didn't recognize -uz when I came to it.

 
At 7:22 PM, January 30, 2014 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

I got it - eventually, though within the time. But "right away" what I got was Zagreb.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->