Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Week in Entertainment

Nothing but reading this week! I DVRd some things but didn't watch any of them... Instead, I read the latest Lindsey Davis Flavia Albia novel, Enemies at Home, which is excellent. I then let myself be talked into trying Saylor's Gordianus the Finder, which is ... okay. Granted I only read one novel and one short-story collection, but still, I can't warm up to Gordianus and his preening himself over his slave woman. Erk. However, when I mentioned that to someone at work they told me to try Rosemary Rowe's Libertus novels, and damn ... I read all fourteen of them. And they hold up under that, which a lot of series don't (cough Sue Grafton cough). Libertus isn't Falco, but he isn't Gordianus, either. I enjoyed them a lot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->