Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I'm really kind of bothered by this

In today's Classic "Peanuts" Lucy eats an ice cream cone in front of Snoopy without giving him any. In the final panel he lies down and thinks, "That didn't really bother me... If you expect nothing, you get nothing."

It's not so much what he thinks, though that's oddly weird. I'd have gone for something more like "That didn't really bother me... I never expect anything so I don't miss it."

No, it's the expression on Lucy's face. How can someone look that sad while eating ice cream? What terrible trauma is she trying, and failing, to self-medicate? It's disturbing.


lucy eats an ice cream cone and looks very sad

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, August 07, 2014 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Maybe Lucy was dismayed because you hadn't found this week entertaining enough to itemize.

 
At 8:07 AM, August 08, 2014 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Omigosh. You're right.

I plead a busy weekend getting ready for my vacation which starts very early tomorrow morning. A double entry this weekend!

 
At 9:24 AM, August 08, 2014 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Boa viagem!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->