Monday, August 11, 2014

The weeks in entertainment

I had no intention of skipping last week, but ...

Read: Finished Parting the Waters (it ends with JFK's assassination). Very intense, wringing even. I'll read the others, but after I refresh myself with some lighter stuff - or at least some non non-fiction! All of the Corinna Chapman books by Kerry Greenwood. I vaguely remember starting the first one; I don't remember why I didn't finish it. Obviously, I enjoyed it well enough to get the sequels, and kept on enjoying them, too. Lev Grossman's The Magician King was reviewed in the paper, and the review made me go and get the two preceding books. I read The Magicians and enjoyed it, though I'm not sure I really like Quentin very much... The Stolen by Bishop O'Connell, a very entertaining take on faery and changelings. A couple of short stories from Frenzied Fiction by Stephen Leacock, and a number of very short things by Robert Benchley from Love Conquers All, both men very funny writers (though Benchley is occasionally dated). Started Lucky Us which is very well written and captivating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->