Friday, October 03, 2014

I'll tell you what happened

Got a fundraising email today that opened
WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Donations from committed National [Party memebers] like you kept the polls close in September. Now it’s October, and we took our first look at our [site] tracker: THE NUMBERS HAVE CRATERED 32 DAYS FROM ELECTION DAY!
What happened? I'll tell you what happened.

I turned my phone off for the René Pape concert on Sunday and two and a half hours later I had 74 emails, 72 of which were fundraisers. And all of them were harping on how important the end-of-September deadline was.

I cannot give to everyone. I cannot give every week.

What happened? You got money in September. Two days later, yeah, you're not getting it.

Why the hell are you acting surprised?

(And probably he's not really surprised, I know.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->