Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Week in Entertainment

DVD: Blithe Spirit, from the "David Lean directs Noel Coward" set. A Touch of Cloth, a very funny British takedown of cop shows - John Hannah as the weary detective with a troubled past and Suranne Jones as his new, ambitious sergeant.

TV: The Futurama/Simpsons crossover, which was funny. Things to Come, still a good movie even if severely overtaken by events. A good print (at last!) and uncut. Big Trouble in Little China - I love this movie! The Douglas Fairbanks silent version of A Thief of Baghdad.

Read: The last of the Libby Serjeants ... and on to something new! First, Undeniable by Bill Nye, engaging (perhaps a tiny bit too much so) but really aimed at people who know less than I do. Good Christmas present material, though. Then A Bicycle Built For Murder, set in a small English village in WWII. Not bad, but I am tired of women falling for men the very first time they see them and spending the whole book obsessing over them. So I won't be reading any more of this series. I did enjoy Under an English Sky, and also the first two Julian Kestrel books.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, November 17, 2014 Anonymous Mark P had this to say...

Big Trouble is one of my favorite movies, too. It's one of those that holds up to multiple viewings, at least for me.

 
At 11:27 AM, November 17, 2014 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

I've lost track of how many times I've seen it. It's just about perfect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->