Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Week in Entertainment

A busy week, so a short entry.
Live: A splendid La Donna del Lago, Rossini's colaratura spectacle based on a Sir Walter Scott poem. Wonderful cast, particularly Joyce DiDonato, Daniela Barcellona, and Juan Diego Flórez.

Read: Kazuo Ishiguro's new novel, The Buried Giant, which I liked very much. Two by Edward D Hoch, The Shattered Raven and a short story collection, Leopold's Way. Terry Pratchett's The Dragons at Crumbling Castle. A short story collection by Craig Johnson, Wait for Signs, which I found reviewed in EQMM, and which led me to the Longmire novels, the first of which (The Cold Dish) I like so well I bought a few more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->