Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Week in Entertainment

Another busy week...

TV: Caught up on The Middle, which had been piling up on the DVR. A few more shows there - maybe in a few weeks when I go on vacation? Anyway, I really liked the "Year of Sue" arc, and the yearbook was just perfect.

Read: "The Day the World Turned Upside Down" - the only non-slate* novelette. It was interesting, though perhaps not really Hugo-worthy, but then again I don't read many novelettes these days (or any, really), so what do I know? I'll probably vote for it. Also read Enter the Janitor, an amusing beginning to an series in which the battle of good v. evil is fought by those who clean up the world. And Uprooted, a genuinely extraordinary book, highly recommended (though I could have done without the last couple of paragraphs (I'd have much preferred Agnieszka to spend more than a couple of months creating her own life before the Dragon came back, if he had to come back at all). But that's a minor quibble. Started The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, which is fascinating. (Scalzi's "Big Idea" has got me back into reading science fiction, I realize.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->