Tuesday, July 21, 2015

.... just wow.

I'm so glad this sort of thinking helps people, but ... I can't wrap my mind around it.
This is really bad news. Just telling you up front. Our dear friend has lost her amazing daughter to cancer. You may remember how hard Daughter fought this disease. I am broken-hearted for my friend. Please pray for Friend and her husband as they journey through this dark dark place. Thank you, God, for being there with them. I rejoice for Daughter.
God is with them? Seriously? Just now? Not when Daughter was sick and dying? Or was he there then, too, but just, you know, not actually doing anything? And yet still he's being thanked? For what?

And "I rejoice"? If you're going to rejoice that she's dead, why encourage her to fight? Why be sorry for her parents?

I never did get it, even when I was a Christian. I sure don't get it now.

(This is from a Facebook friend whom I will not interrogate on the point. She's a devout and liberal Catholic and it makes her happy and now especially is not the time.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, July 24, 2015 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

In the wake of last night's movie theater shooting rampage, the Louisiana governor's public announcement was, "Now is the time for prayer..." I call
"bovine effluent"!

 
At 9:08 PM, July 24, 2015 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yes, Jindal - who says Louisianans "love us some guns" - says now is the time for prayer and certainly not the time to talk about gun control. Or, I'll bet, radicalized right-wing white men and their murderous rampages. Because reasons.

 
At 11:12 PM, July 24, 2015 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

"Go pray" is code for STFU and don't mention anything that embarrasses the right-wingnuts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->