Sunday, August 02, 2015

The Weeks in Entertainment

Whoa. I missed a couple of weeks again (I've been distracted). Also pretty much just reading.

Read: I discovered N.K. Jemisin and was blown away. I read The Inheritance Trilogy (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, The Broken Kingdoms, The Kingdom of Gods) and the novella The Awakened Kingdom and the "triptych" of short stories Shades in Shadows (which you really need to have read the trilogy before you read. Well, they need to be read in order, anyway). Simply splendid. So I have begun The Killing Moon, which is completely unconnected and (so far) very good if not as instantly captivating as The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms was. Also read the excellent "Five Gods" novels by Lois McMaster Bujold (The Curse of Chalion, Paladin of Souls, The Hallowed Hunt, Penric's Demon)after the fifth or sixth time I saw Curse recommended on a blog. Heart of Tin, another Dorothy Must Die novella. Man, I wish she'd get the last book out there instead of all these prequels, even thought it's interesting to see how the Oz she's writing about came to be.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->