Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Week in Entertainment

Film: Pan, which is beautiful to look at in some places, but really makes no sense at all, even viewed as a stand-alone creation. And you kind of have to, since the first Peter Pan story was written in 1902 and this thing postulates Peter as becoming Pan in ... the freaking Blitz in WWII.

DVD: Catching up on the second season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which for some reason I missed most of. Liking it a lot.

TV: Mostly baseball.

Read: Reading The Martian, which is not as "hard" and much funnier than I had thought. I definitely recommend it. Four installments of Bookburners, still good, and one of Indexing: Reflections. Some more of The Dark Forest, but I admit I dropped it when pre-orders landed on my Kindle - the aforementioned installments and also - squeeeeee - Ancillary Mercy, which I devoured and loved (after a quick reread of the first two, since this one also starts right after its predecessor). I cannot recommend this trilogy highly enough.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, October 12, 2015 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Did you see the Tennessee-Georgia football game on TV? Although we have no rooting interest in either team, Tennessee's victory was certainly exciting, and gratifying from purely an entertainment perspective. Vol fans, OTOH, were undoubtedly "over the moon"!

Pity the poor Pirates, losing a one-game playoff to the Cubbies :-(

 
At 8:44 AM, October 13, 2015 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Yes, the Vols managed to pull that one out.

Sorry about the Pirates, but I do have to pull for the Cubs now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->