Sunday, October 02, 2016

The Week in Entertainment

Live: Hal Holbrook in Mark Twain Tonight. Still brilliant.

Film: Took a friend to see Kubo and the Two Strings; she loved it.

DVD: Finished Legend. Too bad it wasn't renewed in that UPN mess of the time... It's very entertaining.

Read: Finished The Fifth Season and went right into The Obelisk Gate. Jemisin is tremendous, as usual. Can't wait for the third book. Wow. Started a thing called Spiderlight; I can't remember why I bought it, where I heard about it. What I know is that halfway through chapter 2 I looked it up on Amazon to see if it was meant to be a parody, in which case it just wasn't matching my sense of humor. But no, it's meant to be straight and a lot of people absolutely love it. Me? No. I moved on to Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor, which was very good, no surprise. Then Riddle in Ruby, discovered on Scalzi's blog, because the sequel had come out and I wanted to read it - the one real drawback to the Kindle is that your To-Read pile is easy to add to and hard to see. Anyway, I read it and loved it and am now in the next book.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, October 19, 2016 Anonymous Kathie had this to say...

Holbrook has wryly commented that in later years he hasn't required as much making-up in order to impersonate the elderly Twain. I just checked online, and the guy's 91 years old -- amazing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->