Sunday, November 06, 2016

The week in entertainment

Live: Two concerts, one (Mozart) by the symphony and one (veteran-related music) by the band. Both very enjoyable.

Film: Storks, which was weird but amusing. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (Oh Heart, It's Difficult) which was pretty good, though I took a while to warm up the both main characters. It's a perfect example of a movie where they should have subtitled the songs, though.

TV: The Good Place. Oh, boy. You know, I'm wondering how many of the residents will prove to be there by mistake. Two Eleanor Shellstrops is just possible, but Jason is not Jian-yu, who I doubt was in Florida when he died.

Read: Hammers on Bone, a very good horror novel. Deadly Scandal, the first in a mystery series I doubt I will read more of. Not that it was bad, but it was kind of pedestrian and boring, plus I am so done with the plucky amateur heroine falling for the mysterious professional in a matter of days. Tale of the Troika, a Soviet absurdist sci-fi novel that satirizes bureaucracy hilariously.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->