Sunday, April 08, 2018

Feeder newbie

Eastern bluebirds aren't much for feeders. You can bring them in with meal worms, but dried meal worms never attracted any for me and live ones are, frankly, too much work. (And kind of gross.) I've had them at the water a lot, but this is the first time I've seen one at the feeders.

First he scoped them all out.


Then he checked out both the hoppers, but was dissatisfied.


He flew over to both suet feeders.


And grabbed a chunk of suet that he took back to the beam at the top of the station.


And gobbled it up.

They are, I hope, getting ready to nest in a tree just a little bit down the hill from my patio. I've seen them flying in and out of a cavity so I have my fingers crossed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pictures as the summer progresses.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->