Monday, September 03, 2018

Happy Birthday, Mother


Janet age 2 on a trike, Akron Ohio
Here is a picture of my mother, age 2, when they were living in Akron, Ohio - 1924. I don't think she wanted her picture taken.

And then a picture of her atop Monte Solaro on Capri, on the big European trip they took in the early 1980s (I don't remember if it was 1981 or 80). Below that, one of the last pictures of her before her strokes. It's on her birthday, 2001.

I do miss her, still.


Janet on Monte Solara, Capri
Janet birthday 2001




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, September 04, 2018 Anonymous Mark P had this to say...

If I knew your mother had lived in Akron I had forgotten. My mother moved to Akron from South Georgia with her sister and mother around 1925. She lived there until after WWII when she and my father and brother moved back to my fathet’s home town in Georgia.

 
At 10:14 AM, September 04, 2018 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

They lived there about the same time, then. But my mother's family moved to Texas, and then South Carolina.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->