Friday, November 30, 2007

No spelling conventions!

Someone sent me a picture from a website called "Things that make you go Aahh". (Okay, here it is. Say 'awwww' and then get back to reading:)

cute little owl - aww
And that's my point. These things don't make me say "aahh". They make me say "aww".

With the "H", "ah" is what you (I) say when confronted with some new point to ponder. But clearly, to the folks that run (or ran, it appears to be on hiatus) TTMYGA, "aahh" is what you say when confronted with teh cute.

We need spelling conventions for these things! How do I know when I see a site like this mentioned without context whether I'll find kitties or conundrums? (Okay, sure, kitties are the overwhelming probability, but still...)

(ps: if all you want is owls, not kitties or puppies or squirrels, then that picture is from this site)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, December 01, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous had this to say...

That is an awesome pic. Beautiful light and so sharp, lots of great detail. The photographer did a wonderful job, as I imagine owls are tough subjects to shoot.

 
At 1:49 PM, December 02, 2007 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

It is, isn't it?

 

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->