Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dales

I meant to post these back last month when I actually went to England. What with one thing and another, they're late. I did get the birds I saw posted, then. Here are some landscapes and what-not. First up, out my hotel window:

Harrogate

Harrogate Royal Baths

Harrogate
And the varying sky over Harrogate:

Harrogate

Harrogate

Harrogate

Harrogate

Harrogate

The Dales - sheep, furze, and stone walls:


dales and furze

dales

sheep and Harrogate

sheep

sheep

Fountains Abbey - we didn't go all the way to it because it suddenly started bucketing down rain - and even a bit of hail. But it's pretty impressive as is, no?

fountains abbey

fountains abbey

A couple of signs:
Way InUnfortunately, all the "way out" signs are now "exit" ones...

HampsthwaiteMy colleague adored the consonant cluster in the middle of this town

Ripon - Blubberhouses
Okay, I wouldn't want to live in Blubberhouses!

On the road:

Harrogate

horses on the road

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, May 25, 2008 Blogger Unknown had this to say...

Lovely photos. I especially like the angle on the second to last.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->