Monday, May 05, 2008

Music Meme Answers

I was going to post this yesterday, but forgot. So here it is today... the songs from my music meme that no one got. (I'm sticking a marginally related picture in as a space holder since I have yet to figure out how to put something "after the jump" in Blogger. This way, if you don't want to see the answers you can skip this post. I'm leaving the original as is, just in case someone still wants to play.)

Songs struck out were guessed along with artist; songs in italics were guessed without or with wrong artist...

Live in Japan - George Harrison
It's kind of funny how this ended up with two of some artists and none of others. But I guess that's an example of how "random" is sometimes rife with patterns.

1 When all our tears have reached the sea / Part of you will live in me (Please Remember Me - John Barrowman)
2 Down in Carlyle there lived a lady / Being most beautiful and gay - (Lady of Carlyle - Ian and Sylvia)
3 Stay just a little bit longer (Stay - Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons)
4 Take to the highway, won't you lend me your name (Country Road - James Taylor)
5 I remember all my life / Raining down as cold as ice (Mandy - Barry Manilow)
6 Monday, Monday so good to me (Monday, Monday - the Mamas and the Papas)
7 I remember holding on to you / All them long, lonely night I put you through - (Goodbye - Emmylou Harris)
8 Straight on to the beaten path / Face down into its aftermath (Upstream - kd lang)
9 If I listen long enough to you (Reason to Believe - Rod Stewart)
10 Though you don't believe your eyes / As your mind's taken by surprise (Heart's Desire - Ron Sexsmith)
11 Brainwashed in our childhood / Brainwashed by our schools (Brainwashed - George Harrison)
12 As I rode out one May morning down by a shady lane /I met with Captain Woodstock, the keeper of the game (Captain Woodstock's Courtship - Ian and Sylvia)
13 I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping (While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles)
14 At my door the leaves are falling / the cold wild wind will come (I Still Miss Someone - Emmylou Harris)
15 It must have been moonglow (Moonglow - Rod Stewart)
16 You've got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues (It Don't Come Easy - George Harrison)
17 High wind in these northern skies will carry you away /You know you have to leave here, you wish that you could stay (Due South theme - Due South Soundtrack)
18 (And I heard as it were the noise of thunder) There's a man going 'round taking names (The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash)
19 The rope that's wrapped around me is cutting through my skin / The doubts that have surrounded me are finding their way in (Angels Would Fall - Melissa Etheridge)
20 Spring was never waiting for us, girl / it ran one step ahead while we followed in the dance (MacArthur Park - Richard Harris)
21 The Sun is a mass of incandescent gas (Why Does the Sun Shine - They Might Be Giants)
22 As your body floats down Third Street / with the burn-smell factory closing up (Put Your Hand Inside the Puppet Head - They Might Be Giants)
23 I've been traveling on a boat, in a plane / In a car, on a bike, with a bus and train (Any Road - George Harrison)
24 Oh, the sun is slowly sinking down (You Can Close Your Eyes - James Taylor)
25 In the velvet darkness of the blackest night (Over at the Frankenstein Place - Rocky Horror Picture Show Original Soundtrack)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, May 05, 2008 Blogger fev had this to say...

Ian & Sylvia for president

 
At 3:31 PM, May 05, 2008 Blogger The Ridger, FCD had this to say...

Unfortunately they're Canadians.

Well, fortunately for them, perhaps...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->