Monday, July 13, 2009

"not in the pulldown menu"

Remember I said I'd intended to enter the Audubon Magazine photo contest, but wasn't eligible? What I didn't say was that I had in fact entered, meaning I'd paid the fee. I emailed them asking if that would be refunded; today I had a response saying it would be. Jerry also said:

I'm curious about how you were able to enter the contest from Maryland. Since there was no MD in the state pulldown menu, you should have been prevented from entering.

Just one problem: MD is in the pulldown menu (see below). In fact, all seven of those states are in the pulldown menu - the image shows North Dakota, and the others are there, too.

I had wondered why they hadn't set up their software to reject ineligible applicants. Apparently, they thought they had. I replied to Jerry and told him they may need to screen their entries...

ps: note in the screenshot the oddly placed MP - true, it's Northern Marianas, but I'd still put it under the M's, not the N's, if I were doing this list. In fact, the abbreviations are all, to my eye, out of order!


audubon contest pulldown menu showing MD and ND

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->