Friday, November 25, 2011

Presidents Cup

Somebody said something this morning which made me realize that, in all fairness, I needed to note that Tiger Woods didn't suck at the Presidents Cup. True, he only scored two points, but his play was fairly solid and he knocked in the winning birdie.

On the other hand, if I were a player I'd wonder about this quote from Freddie Couples:
"A lot of people have asked why I picked him and how he was going to play," Couples said. "Certainly I couldn't answer how he was going to play, but this week I think he showed to himself that his swing is back and he's healthy. And that's more important to me. Obviously, we want to win the cup. But it's more important for me to have people realize that he can play the game."
More important that Tiger do well than that the team win the cup? Really?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     <-- Older Post                     ^ Home                    Newer Post -->